Monday, June 29, 2009

John 6-29-09

Well last week was pretty fun. I heard a bunch of interesting stories. Im not sure if i believe them but i had 4 different people say the same thing. It was about the snakes here in Bolivia. Apparently its a big secret they have. Well not secret just not well known. They have seen snakes here that are 3 and a half feet in width! And about 60 feet long. Huge anacondas that live in the jungle where no one ever goes really. Only the hunters go out there. They all say no one ever believes it when they come to Bolivia but every boliviano knows about them. So i asked around of course and everyone says that there are. So those were some good stories to make us feel safe… but i want to see some pictures of those first. We also found a place in our area that is awesome. Its a lake that use to be part of a river. Surrounded by pure jungle and has all types of birds, some tigers ive Heard about, and crocodiles. So im going to go back with a camera(when i fin done) to take some pictures. It got a record col here i think last week. The south winds came in and it was cold for 3 days! That never happends it comes for one day and then leaves normally. It did rain as well. It was a flash flood kind of deal. All of a sudden the clouds form and it pours down rain for about 30 minutes and fills the streets with water and stops. But of course we are happier tan anyone to have rain to cool off from the sun. It looks like kristi had a good time at EFY. I always did enjoy them. Im sure they recognized the name cheesman when you went. I met a ton of people there and are my friends even today. And mason is already huge! I see babies around here and always ask how old they are to see how big is my nephew. We had to do the Money stuff for the zone last week and it was very stressful. I didnt think it would be that hard but it took a very long time. I couldnt sleep good thinking of what we had to buy. My companion is going home the end of July and I think he is happy to finish here. We are going to Santa Cruz next week so maybe we can have that money ready to buy a camera please… I hope I have time to go get one. I have a little more respect from the zone now I think because they ask me a bunch of things and listen to what I say. (which is hard to do) its hard trying to keep everyone in line and not yell at them too much for the things we know they are doing. Nothing is really going on besides that. And yall didn’t do too many questions this week so im running out of things to say. It was funny to see mom and dad rushed to write short letters this week. But thanks for the picture mason is awesome and Jack is really big. Im still loading the other picture. Kristi I guess has a new crush but where does he live? That’s always a problem with efy the people live far away sometimes. Well I am having a good time. Staying happy. Which is a big challenge for some. But the conference talks that just got in get me excited again. I have almost read all of them because I didn’t have the chance to hear them when I got here. I was dead tired during the whole conference because I was in a plane the whole day. But im getting a lot out of it. Scriptures im getting down pretty well. I am starting the Book of Mormon again but this time im studying it. Marking up everything and analyzing. Its waaaay more interesting that way. But I don’t have much time left, thanks for everything i love yall have a good weekElder Cheesman

No comments: