Monday, July 20, 2009

Johnboy 07-20-09

Last week we had conference with President. I think that everything went well. I had to everything pretty much. I think I did pretty well with my message to help everyone OPEN THERE MOUTH. I used a lot of examples from the book of mormon. Saying if some of the prophets didn’t want to open there mouth what would have happen. Especially the example of Abinadai(my favorite) if he didn’t testify a lot of the Book of Mormon wouldn’t exist. In my intereview with president he said he is happy with the things that are happening in this area. I had 3 baptisms last week of a amazing family. There are 2 more planned for this Saturday. The zone is baptizing a lot more now a days. We have one finishing his mission this Thursday we will see how he works before he finishes. Pretty weird having only 5 months left. And changes are already coming up next Thursday. President said he will be sending me a new companion to make things a little easier for me. President did talk to me as well about college and if I will play basketball. I told him that its still a maybe if I want to play. Because I would have to walk on to a team. He told me intramurals might just be better. And about studying im not sure about the design stuff because I wasn’t very good at it but maybe in computer repair stuff I was thinking. Either one would be fun just don’t know what all I have to take. It was funny president said that his son was applied by his sister doing the papers and this week lisa happends to send me sites for the schools. I thought it was pretty funny. It was awesome to hear about your baptism last week. That would have been fun to be at. Maybe pictures of that would be nice(hint hint). Sounds like yalls talks went over last week. Dad I like the quotes you used as well. Glad to hear ¨GIRLS Camp¨went well. Even though to hear that it wasn’t much of a camp. My house doesn’t even have air conditioning and im not camping. Its starting to get really hot here. They say that august and September are the hottest months of the year here. And im starting to believe it. So we will see how that goes. Didn’t get my hopes to high when I knew I would be here in September. I love the zone but the heat gets really bad sometimes. I sweat from head to toe just eating lunch. I did take out some money from my account I might need a little more for the camera I think im going to buy. Its about the only decent one they have around here. Not sure on the price yet but I think I will buy it tomorrow. Me and my companion get along fine. He really just likes to lay back and watch me do zone leader work. He is a follower missionary. Just does what his companion does. Elder taylor wrote me a little not saying he has his meeting with the ambassador of Bolivia and is waiting to hear the reply to come back here. So im pretty excited everyone is coming back. I think president will send me an American next change. There is a new rule that you have to be in santa cruz 2 changes to leave out to the jungle. (I left early) but there aren’t any problems with that. But elections are in December and some are thinking things are going to get worse (but I wont be here) so everyone is praying that nothing goes wrong. Nothing much else happened last week. This week I just have to do the financial stuff for the zone which takes forever to do. But its only once a month. Its so weird that I have about 3 changes left. That still hasn’t hit me completely yet. But don’t worry its not effecting my work… o ya we have started to play soccer every Monday morning at 6 and I have been playing a lot better. I feel better now playing sports though. I have a lot of goals to lose some weight this year. I still have a lil pot belly going on here. But I hope everything goes well this week to have a good month in july. Because June was a really bad month for us. And about the mikes house on the beach I have been to. I put the carpet in the 2 bedrooms( you can look at my work while your there) but its beautiful and has a good placing. I hope I answered all of your questions the internet didn’t let me do too many things today. But that’s about all. I love you all and I haven’t heard from Deano in a while ( I know I didn’t write you either in the mission but you didn’t have internet) but hope yall have a good week. And im doing fine. Love yall. Elder Cheesman

No comments: