Monday, August 10, 2009

John 8-10-09

Once again we did not get a picture!


Its good to hear everyone had a good week. Yesturday i completed 19 months! Crazy huh? Dont worry my companion are working very very hard. Probly the best i have worked all my misson. An american did make it up here finally his name is elder Evans. He is almost as tall as i am and he is from minesota. He played basketball for SUU for a year before he came out here. And he is telling me it wasnt too hard to get on the team. I dont know why everyone just wants to mess with my mind on where i want to go to school. I read a little what lisa sent me last week and like the Software development stuff. Its something pretty broad i can work on. Teaching would be a back up plan i thought about how i dont like doing the same thing everyday and teaching the same thing every year for the rest of my life my be a little difficult for me. So i was thinking of applying to the fallowing places Gwinnett Tech, UVU, SUU if i would go to utah i could try to walk on to a team next year, (it gives me time to get back in shape) today i got permision from president to search some more stuff about school to print off so i will be doing that right now. But he said that my family has to do the papers and everything. We went to santa cruz last week and it was pretty fun. Little scary coming in on the tiny planes but we made it alright. I stayed the night in the house of elder magnum and elder anderson who are my good friends that just got back from peru. They were talking about how lima north has gotten worse. And they saw elder ridge and he aparently gives all the credit to me for teaching him spanish. He is aparently training someone right now. And my whole group is here finally! Elder taylor went allllll the wayh on the other side of the missoin in yacuiba. Today i will take some pictures of the river that is near our house to send it next week. Alright i will try to send a picture this week but i dont promise anything. Last week it took forever becuase i didnt make it smaller. But i will see what i can do. I cant wait to see my nephew he sounds like he fits in the family way to well. About blake being in the airport is not my idea, i dont think i want that either. But she does write me quite often and some time brea but noone elses besides that becuase everyone is off and married. But i will live. Im willing to start over new when i get back if i need to. Has anyone heard about Evan in California? I have been wondering how he has been. Crazy to hear that school has already started, dad is going to enjoy seminary classes. I knew i was getting him ready when he woke us up all the time for seminary. When we went to the class with president maynes last week he gave a really really awesome lesson about agency and will of God. How even mormons have flase traditions about the will of God. A lot of missoinaries have been saying it was Gods will to leave Bolivia and go to Peru. But he said something very interesting. ¨bad things happen to good people by the bad use of agency ¨ like if someone decided to get drunk and wrecked with someone and killed them. Explained that is not the will of God to kill someone. Someone just used there agency wrong. It was very interesting for me. Talked about what all happend in the pre existance. About how the Celestial kingdom is no walk in the park. There is a joke here that there are not Hammocks( i dont know how to spell that) in the celestial kingdom. We are still going to be working there. He said imagine living in the celestial kingdom when the war in heaven was going on. Im sure it wasnt too easy. But he explanined a lot better than me and i enjoyed it. My companion and i also taught a class about how we should plan every day. It was pretty good im not going to lie. But thanks for writing me this week i hope i got to answer everything. But im going to print off some stuff. Thanks for everything and i love yall have a good week.Elder Cheesman

No comments: