Monday, September 7, 2009

John 09-07-09




The zone leader conference was pretty amazing last week like always. Not just because I taught a class but the other lessons when really really good(im humble I promise) president talked about HOPE at the end and it was interesting. We should have hope in everything we do. When we talk to someone we should have a strong hope that, that person will get baptized. He talked about his son who just got back from his mission in Honduras. He baptized about 180 people in his last area for 8 months. And they were all referances from members that he hoped all would get baptized. He says that he didn’t knock doors his last 6 months because he was baptizing every week and taught like 60 lessons.( I teach about 30 which is the excellence number for the area. The mission now has 180 missionaries. Which is a ton. So things are going to look better pretty soon. I have no clue if im leaving this change but I hope im not because we have some families getting baptized soon. My body has been pretty dead lately. We are doing services every week. And we helped again to do a water well….in this sun its crazy. I sweated like 20 liters of water. My companion doesn’t leave till October by the way. And that’s awesome that BYU won elder evans celebrated when I told him that. Ya I forgot it was labor day im not going to lie. The only days I remember are my birthday and Christmas I think. Good to hear trevor went to church. I thought he was going before but I guess not.. and it was really funny in all your letters that said ïm sure dad will tell you about the game¨ and he didn’t say anything. I found it pretty funny. Yesterday me and my comp were fasting… and I think it’s the hardest place in the mission to fast. Everyone wants to invite you something and walking in the sun just makes me hungry(im not whining or anything) I will try to send 2 pictures…. Me and elder lopez at lake Tumi Chuqua and the zone painting my chapel. Crazy that we are already in changes and I have only 2 more to go. Seems like a lot but at the same time its not. I talked to elder hanks(from my group) the other day and it was the first time in like 7 months that I have spoken with him. That was really fun we figured out that our whole group is going back the same day in the same plane(that’s what we wanted) and I doubted that we could because they came late but I guess not. About the time I get in mom they have no clue. But maybe in the morning. Im sure everyone can just come in the 17th at night to be there for the next day…. And for school… there is something I need… a computer haha. And it surprised that lisa has a mac now. I have been thinking about if that is what I want for school and have a regular pc. There weren’t very many questions this week so there aren’t many answers. I think im going to be trying some new foods soon. Like monkey, raccoon, turtle eggs, stuff like that. Aparently there is a member that sells that stuff. But anyway that’s about all thatnks for everything and I love yall as always.Elder Cheesman

No comments: