Monday, September 14, 2009

John 09-14-09

Well im not upset that you want to sell the house, but im not too happy about it as the same time. You want to live by a lake now? Which lake? I think there would just be more bugs and what not. But just take down the for sale sign till i get home then we can put it up would be a good idea..hint hint. I dont want to be one of missionaries from the movies that are lost when they get home. Last week was very interesting. Changes were a lot different then expected. Elder Rubio went to another area in the zone to be a zone leader to make it better over there. And im staying but my new companion is elder..Annis from ogden Utah. Its pretty funny because exactly a year ago i had elder taylor. And now another american. He is pretty cool kid. He talks better spanish than me and he likes to work hard. So we are having a good time. Also yesterday we had district conferance and president maynes came. There were about 460 people in the chapel. They didnt fit in there they had to lit outside and look through windows and what not to see. So it was good that we filled the chapel . Saturday we married a couple and baptized the wife. The husband was already member. This Saturday im even more excited that we have a family of 5 that is going to get married and baptized. So we will see how that goes. I have been with a little cold lately because some south winds came up but im getting better now because its got again. I know i say this every week that its hot but last week was a record for this city. Even the locals all talk about how hot it got that day. It was 115 degrees Tuesday and it felt like walking around in a microwave. And at night it stayed at 98 degrees. So i was sweating taking a cold shower and trying to sleep that night. I had the fan right next to my bed. It was bad i hope it doesnt get back to that. They say the rainy seasons are going to becoming this month, so im pretty excited. I kind of like it but it does make the work a little harder. Pres maynes talked about in the last conferance of zone leaders that God loves us sooo much that he lets us have a hard mission sweating, walking in rain and mud so that we can get the best of the mission. Pretty interesting if you take it at that point. Im excited to have an american companion becuase i can learn english again. Its really funny the phrases that we say that dont exist in english. The other day i wanted to say that “o that was coincidence that we found him” but i ended up saying “o well that was a casualty that we sow him.” As if casualty that he died or something, in spanish its “casualidad.” But that’s way off , we had a good laugh afterward. Ummm nothing much else happening. Dads letter never got here but mom and Kristi did write. Glad to hear that we finally won in the 3 on 3 tournament. We never get to finish out those. Im still not sure if im fine with the whole changing house deals… maybe if it was explained to me why I might understand a little better. Well say hi to brooke for me and glad to hear they will be back when I come home. Is everyone going to able to be at home when I come back? That would be nice. I hope next change I go to santa cruz to send some stuff home that takes up a lot of space. I have a lot of junk now that I need to send. But im happy staying in riberalta because we have lots of families progressing. There were 4 missionaries that left this change and so a lot of new guys came. And it looks like we have a good zone this change. But that’s all really going on lately. Thanks for writing and I love yall. Tell me if you guys want anything specific from here. Love yall and have a good week. o ya by the way what is left for schooling? just apply me anywhere or is there anything else i need to do? thats all thanks
>Elder Cheesman

No comments: