Monday, November 9, 2009

John 11-09-09

Last week was our little conference with the zone leaders again. It’s always pretty fun, even though the trip there was not fun at all. 2 nights in a row without a bed is not fun. 2 nights on a 10 hour bus ride and hot is not always the best thing to do. But the conference was really good. Sad to see some of the guys home this change though. Kind of weird the next one im finishing. And by the way im getting home on the 18th. I was looking at the flight plans and I leave at midnight Thursday/Friday and I get home Friday morning at 1130. Not on Saturday. I am pretty excited to come back, but don’t worry I plan going out with a bang. This month could be the best month the zone will do since I have been here and as well in my area. So im pretty excited about that. At the conference last week, I got to sit next to elder taylor, whom I have not seen since march. So that was really fun to see him again. Sounds like dad had a good week up there in Utah im trying to get through the pictures so I can see how it was. Kind of weird only have like 6 more weeks left. Today I complete 22 months in the mission. Weird to think its been that long huh? Im pretty much a bolivian now. But I am practicing my English to be able to communicate to people when I get back. Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament again about the atonement and I thought it was pretty good. I think I might get nervous for my coming home talk though. There people actually know if you are speaking true doctrine or not… but I do pretty much have a calling here. In the morning branch I teach the Youth/Investigator class every week. So I get along pretty well with the youth. I made them do practices of inviting there friends to church, and it went pretty well. Im pretty excited to come back and seeing some basketball, it has been a long time since I have seen a game. Its doesn’t even make the papers the news or anything at all. Also want to see some high school ball as well. That’s cool that max is the only white guy, and Mormon on top of that. I liked your experience brooke about the ¨mucho gusto¨ it would make since in our language, but its funny to see the changes they make in other. Like the other day we were talking about a verb change that’s really weird. Like Bañarse means to bathe yourself…. When you change it too.. Nos Bañamos, it has 2 meanings one… we bathe…..or two ….we bathe each other. So I think its funny we tell people are schedule sometimes cause it would come out like this….we get up, do some exercises, and then we bathe each other. Spanish is a funny language. So im going to be living at home for college, that’s good to know. I think I can save up a lot of money doing that. Um the weather the past week has been amazing for me. It’s not too hot and it rains at random times but its always cloudy I love it. The surprise rain kind of messes us up because we don’t have umbrellas-(but your prepared son always has a poncho) and so I never get too wet. And my shoes aren’t too great anymore anyway so it doesn’t matter if they get wet. They are still lasting pretty well. But that’s really all that’s going on this week. Thanks for everyone that wrote and I will be writing again next week! Love yall have a good week.Elder Cheesman

No comments: