Monday, November 2, 2009

John 11-02-09

Well right now im in the city of trinidad. On my way to our zone leader meeting. But today was pretty interesting. Well we get all of our stuff ready to leave and we call santa cruz elders for some questions. And they tell us that our flight got canceled, and we will not be able to come to the meeting this month. So we both got pretty depressed because we were really excited to go and we didn’t plan anything for the next 2 days. So it was really funny… we kind of got in denial and did not believe that there were no other flights today.(o ya I forgot that today is a holiday here, day of the dead, that’s why they thought it got canceled.) so we are in our room mad, and we decide just to go to the airport anyway. There was nothing else to do because everything closes down the whole day. So we get there and we ask some guy if there is a flight leaving today and said there will be one at 2 o clock. So we go home call the secretary and tell him that. He replies that he will call us back before we go. But an hour goes by and doesn’t call. And our flight was leaving in 20 minutes. So we just decide to leave. We went to the airport and found out we have tickets from riberalta to Trinidad. The santa cruz flights are allll booked. So we come up with the idea that we will come to Trinidad and take the long bus ride down there. And so we are here now and just bought our tickets for the bus and we will leave at 9pm and we wont get to santa cruz until 6am. So tomorrow will be a very long day for us. But im excited that we are actually going. And yes mom, the tropical rain storms are starting. Last Tuesday, a huge storm came through. It rained really hard for about 6 hours. And it got up to like 2 feet of water! And luckily we were kind of near our house to grab our umbrellas and go back outside. But they didn’t help too much just kept our heads and shoulders dry. We had to walk a long ways too because the motorcycle taxis don’t work when it rains. And there are no cars there. So we walked and got really really wet. But it was really fun though seeing rivers flowing through the streets. Some had there own rapids. And it was thundering and lightning pretty hard. Reminded me a little of Georgia. And I will figure out what date they think im leaving here so I can know for sure tomorrow. I guess I cant forget about lisa and kristis birthday. Your all getting too old. Its going to be weird when I get back. Im pretty excited about school though. Don’t know where im going to live. That might be the next thing to work on huh? But everything is going pretty well for me. Im staying busy with the people we are teaching. This past week went a little better. I think we are doing better than a lot of the other zone leaders still. So I think this council I wont feel too bad. Me and elder annis are getting along as well, I think I can deal with him for another month(joke). Anyway I love yall and I want to see some Halloween pictures. Por favor. Thanks for writing everyone and I will write more next week. Elder Cheesman

No comments: