Monday, November 23, 2009

John 11-23-09

This week actually went better for us as a zone and area. We had more people in the church this week as well. So I am a little happier this week. And I don’t walk under too many trees anymore so I wont get attacked by snakes. Im trying better to take some good pictures of Bolivia. Im not going to lie there are some really cool places. It hits me that im in the middle of a jungle when I see a couple things like…. Naked kids running free in the street, kid with a monkey on his head, when everyone invites us bananas, and the other day it was funny because we heard like a screeching animal noise and my companion and I both knew it was a monkey. So we even know how every amazonic animal sounds. But its crazy how time is flying by. Only like 3 weeks left. And on the 6th there is no church and we stay in house. But I don’t think there will be as many problems as last year. There are a few problems with some candidate stuff with like teenagers coming and throwing rocks at them but that’s about it. And mom I haven’t been gone for that long.. I do remember what pie night was. Haha but im thinking of doing my own kind of pie night here. I don’t know what I will do but I know thanksgiving we are going to a cool restaurant here. So im pretty excited about that. O ya lately I have been learning how to cook some stuff here as well. I learned how to make some really good cheese empanadas and as well a side dish called Rice with Cheese. It is really really good. I hope I will be able to cook it at home. But I don’t know much else to cook. Because we rarely ever cook here. This Saturday we have a baptism of a couple, the wife is already member and we need to get them married first before we baptize him. Today we are doing a little fundraiser so that they have money to get married. So im pretty excited about that. But there isn’t much else going on, im staying pretty happy and still trying to work hard. My last zone leader thing is the first week of December, and the zone meeting will be like the 11th but I will be here in riberalta till like the 16th I think. That’s if I don’t have a change on the 3rd. but I don’t think I will. But anyway that’s about all that’s going on. Lisa im not really sure on my waist size but I do fit in all my clothes still. So I don’t think I have changed too much. Im trying to keep myself disciplined on what to eat but there isn’t much choice for me out here. Well I love yall and I will be writing again next week!Elder Cheesman

No comments: