Monday, November 30, 2009

John 11-30-09

Well thanks everyone for the letters this week. Today we are heading off to santa cruz for the zone leader council again. Its pretty weird because its my last one! So im pretty excited about that. Sounds like last week was a pretty exciting for everyone. I bet the BYU game was pretty sweet. About which room I want I think I would like the basement again. I do kind of miss that room. Not that I don’t want to be close to yall or anything but I did like that room. I will keep it cleaner this time…I hope. Im trying to look at the pictures everyone sent me but they talk a long time to open. Next week by the way are eleccions here and we aren’t allowed to leave the house all day Sunday. There isn’t going to be church in the whole country. Crazy huh? O ya by the way mom I would like a little bit of ..¨dinero¨… cause im going to be buying some stuff today. And in the next few weeks. Maybe for some Christmas presents. Brooke cooking turkey sounds like an adventure. I don’t know if I have ever eaten food cooked by brooke. Last week that couple did get married and the husband was baptized. It was a pretty crazy baptism as well. Because people would show up late and stuff. But the worst part of it was that the church didn’t have any water to fill up the Baptismal Fount. So we figured out there is a tank of water below the church and we heard that it was little dirty which we didn’t care too much. It didn’t look that bad when it was filling up…..but…. when it filled up it looked bad. It was pure river water and really really dark green. You couldn’t even see the ground, so that was pretty funny, but there were no other option. So we asked the people that were going to get baptized if it was alright to get baptized in that water and they said it was fine. We made a joke out of it that Jesus was baptized in a river just as dirty as this and now your following his example even more. But everything turned out fine. What I was happy about is that he showed up the church the next day with a tie on. He had never wore one before. So that was cool. For a person to wear a tie here is a lot more difficult then you think. And for thanksgiving, we went to the cool looking restaurant and it was awesome. They made really really good food. We invited two other missionaries to come as well. And we ate a lot. It was pretty expensive but worth it. Well for bolivan money it was really expensive. It was like 30 dollars in total. I shared a filet mignon with my companion which was very good. The coolest thing about the place is that it has tiger skins everywhere and anaconda skins that are 25 feet long. So I enjoyed myself. Its weird to think im only going to church here one more time before im back home. Im kind of nervous to get back actually cause im not use to the life back at home. It will be a little weird at first like not inviting 140 people a week to church. But I don’t have anyone on my mind for the little home coming party I would invite. I think most of my friends will be home for Christmas so im happy about that. I got to start thinking of where to work as well while im back. Um but so a little bit of money as soon as possible would be nice….maybe today? Because I wanted to buy a few things while I was in santa cruz. O ya I didn’t tell what we sold for a fund raiser. We sold empanadas to the missionaries. And I made them eat a lot. It was funny. But they got enough money. Anyway im staying pretty happy, just a little worried about the baptisms for December. Anyway i got to go. Everyone have a good week. Love yallElder Cheesman

No comments: