Monday, January 18, 2010

My New Job

I started working 2 weeks ago at Aramark Uniforms as a customer service rep. My first week was pretty uneventful and I just had to look over everyone's shoulder to see what they were doing because my computer was not up yet. Last week, however, was a little more eventful. I went out on the routes with the truck drivers! All week I had to be in Gainsville, Ga. early in the morning. (5:30-6:00). I had to get up at 4:00 a.m some mornings 4:30 other mornings. It was so cold last week that there was still ice everywhere. I knew I was in trouble when I got to the depot and all of them but one were smoking and talking with some pretty foul language! I went with a different driver everyday and when we were on the truck together, they were such nice gentlemen and we had a lot of fun! I insisted on getting right in and working with them so I could understand that side of the company and so we could get done sooner. Well, I can tell you this, those guys earn their money and some of them make really good money! I was so dead the first night I think I went to bed by 8:30 p.m. Tuesday was hard as well, but by Wed. I was starting to get use to it and did fine the rest of the week. By Friday, the weather was nice and didn't mind it at all. Of course Friday was the day I got the non-smoker and it would not have been cold with the window down. The rest of the week when it was in the 30's that's when I had the smokers that would open their widows to smoke! The scariest to ride with was the 23 year old that smoked and text messaged at the same time while he was driving!
Today I worked at my office and got my computer up! The rest of the week I will be working at the downtown Atlanta location in accounting for two days and then at the plant for 2 days, sorting and doing laundry (or at least observing). I haven't decided yet if I will join in.
I do love the fact that Aramark wants us to know the whole company so we can do our jobs better. It's been an adventure!

It's been great having John home! I loved having all of the kids home and hated to see them all leave! I missed Spencer, but am thankful for the service he is giving our country!

1 comment:

Stacy Christian said...

Wow! Sounds like an adventure. I also think it's cool they make you go around and see everyone's different jobs. You definitely gain an appreciation for everyone. Good luck with everything! Miss you guys! Love you!