Monday, December 14, 2009

John's Email 14 Dec 2009 [last one from the mission!]

Well this is pretty crazy… i will be seeing yall this week! Im pretty excited. Last week was pretty cool, we had a conference with Elder Gavarret from the 70. It was pretty good and I talked to him for a little bit after and he thanked me for all the serviced I have done and made me feel really good. Yesterday was cool to see some of the families I baptized giving there testimonies. All the kids talked about me in there testimonies. I think they are sadder than anyone. But I have some good bye lunches and dinners with them as well. Wednesday im going to santa cruz, and Thursday is at the mission home. So today and tomorrow are my last work days, most of it is to teach new members to make them stay active. Friday im getting there around 1130 in the morning. I leave here at like midnight. Im doing pretty well of working until the last day. Its kinda of hard though. Im thinking of the things I want to do when I get back but it seems like too many things. As for the roast I am find with that. as long as it doesn’t have rice. I know it would be amazing with rice but I think im 30 percent rice now I have eaten so much. Im not picky anymore. About my clothes, I think I only have that huge box, I don’t think I have anything else. Im actually pretty nervous to come back. I got culture shock going to santa cruz I cant imagine America. I realized that I cant decide on anything anymore. There is a place there like wal mart, and I couldn’t deside on anything to buy because there were a lot of options. Riberalta is a little different. You don’t have any choices, there is one kind of everything. So we always get the same. Which made me bad at decision making. Im excited that everyone is staying home for a while when I get back. It will be a lot nicer though calling instead of waiting every week to write a bunch to everyone. Im trying to update my journal. I haven’t done too good at doing it but I think it will be enough. Well I guess I have a talk next week, but you didn’t tell me a subject. Just Christmas stories? Well I guess you will just answer that in the airport. Its sad to say bye to everyone here especially being here for so long. Im not too excited though about there way to say goodbye. The culture is here is to either, through water on the person, smash an egg on there head, or through flower on the person who has a birthday or is leaving. I don’t enjoy it too much but I cant really do much. But that’s all im going to write because I want to be able to have stories for Friday! Im pretty pumped for that. well see you this week! Love yall
Elder Cheesman

No comments: