Monday, September 28, 2009

>Sounds like things have gotten exciting with the flood stuff lately. I do miss doing that kind of service actually. Im thinking the rainy seasons are going to be like that here, but the thing is its alllll dirt roads here. It takes a long time just to cross a road sometimes. Last week we went to guayaramarin for conference and it was pretty amazing as always. President kind of hinted at me that I might be here another change and he might send me elder taylor. So that would be fun to see him again. We were in the church there from 930 in the morning till 730 at night. With a five minute break. Without lunch as well. So it was a long day. But its worth it. For my birthday one of the branch presidents threw me a party and invited a bunch of members and we played a little game and ate cake. And the famous tradition here is to bite the cake with your face for your birthday. And there is always someone that has to shove your face in it. So I might send some pictures of that next week. Then on Friday the other branch president I have where we eat lunch had a big lunch for us with cake. And they made me bite the cake as well. Also they like to get the birthday people soaked with water. So we had a little water fight as well. Pretty interesting day. Im pretty excited everyone will be home for me, I think that will be fun. And thanks for the package you sent me. You too stacy even though it wont get here. It’s the thought that counts. Im enjoying the starburst and skittles. I did like the ties though. And socks of course. This week I will proby be using the leatherman as well to fix a shower so it was good timing. I told you mom that I took both tests. But I didn’t score very good on them. So I hope all that goes well. The thing is it would be bad if I don’t get accepted.. I got no where else to go. Today I think we might be playing a little basketball as a zone to make everyone get into shape haha. But the zone is doing the best the week than all the other weeks I have had here. President is happy with the work we have done. So I hope that keeps going. We would have baptized a young couple last week. But the wife gave birth. So that kind of put stuff off. But we went and saw her in the hospital. It was so weird to see her baby because it already had a full head of hair and hair on his legs. It was pretty fun though. My health is better as well. That rash isn’t bothering me anymore. I still kind of have a cough though but I will be fine. Im staying happy even though its hard to stay in a small area like this for a long time.(but im a pro of that by now) but me and my companion get along good. That’s how the days go by better because we make jokes about everything. But there isn’t too much else going on for me. Next week im going to santa cruz again. And im going to be buying the new Spanish bible that just came out down here so im kind of excited. Well have a good week and I love you all.
>Elder Cheesman

No comments: