Monday, October 12, 2009

John 10-12-09

Dad that was a funny story. Elder calle(the secretary) calls me one day and ask..your ending flight is going to be in Manchester right? And I kinda of freaked out and said .i don’t even know where manchester is, im going to atlanta. He kind of went silent and just said I will call you tomorrow. Luckily he is buddy of mine and does a lot of favors for me. So I think its all worked out now. The santa cruz flight coming back was really nice actually. Just the fact we were on a bus for forever again. But im use to it now. Not to brag or anything but we figured out in the meeting(we were the best zone leaders in the whole mission last month) the asked we could baptize and marry 2 families. It made me feel good about myself. I don’t know if it will be the same for this month but I hope it will. Yesterday was probly one of the worst days of the mission though it just seemed everything fell apart. We got done fasting which was very very hard this time because of the heat. But once we ate.. I got a little sick. But im getting better now. Just a bug in my stomach. O ya I want to send yall some pictures of the jungle in my area. Its pretty cool im not going to lie. Family getting baptized this week I have been working with for a very long time, she is the one that just had a baby and just waiting till she is better to get baptized. But I think this week it will happen. So im pretty excited about that. Changes are next week and we will see if I just stay out here till I finish. In santa cruz I got to hang out a lot with elder Hanks who I havent seen in a long time. So that was fun. O ya yesterday me and my companion felt like branch presidents apparently something happened in the afternoon branch and we got the sacrament ready and my companion directed the meeting and I passed the sacrament to like 15 people. While I had to leave every 10 minutes to the bathroom. So that was an experience. i forgot to tell yall I think that I met a Georgian here in riberalta last week. It was really funny. He is from thomasville georgia. Passing out bibles to schools here. He doesn’t speak a word of spanish. So we had a good little conversation with him about georgia. About how the airport here is the size of a bathroom in the atlanta airport. But that was fun. But im really enjoying the mission work and its weird from this Sunday I only have 2 months left. I forgot last week to follows bednars talk about bearing testimony to family. Just I know this gospel is the true gospel and the book of mormon is true. No natural man could ever write that, it was inspired for us to use daily. My companion says…someone who reads the Book of Mormon every day will not go inactive. It’s a book with lots of power and lots of teachings. I bet dad you are loving teaching that seminary class. And last week I bought the new bible that has come out here. And transferring some scriptures from my old bible to the new one. Getting the testimony I did of the teachings of Jesus Christ and how amazing they are if we apply them. Studying a lot about faith with works lately as well. There is a cocaine addict we are helping right now and it is interesting how the book of mormon teaches you have to have faith si o si( I don’t know how that is said in english.) but that’s a little something I wanted to share with yall maybe I will write more next week. Well I love all of you. And have a good week.Elder Cheesman

No comments: