Monday, October 26, 2009

John's Email 26 Oct 2009

Well thanks everyone for the letters this week. Im glad you enjoyed the pictures. Well changes were last week and im………still in the same place. Which I was pretty happy about. Elder annis and I will be together for another change. I think its because we are having some good success together up here. But the down side….its really hot and these little bumps always come out on me from the heat. But I can handle it a little longer. I bought some cream so that they go away don’t worry about that mom. Next week we will be going to our zone leader meeting thing which is always fun for me. Apparently elder Taylor is a zone leader so I will be able to see him finally after like 8 months. And are you sure we leave on different days? Because our secretary told us that we are going back the same day. I think it’s the 19th now. But that is not that far away which is pretty weird. It also started raining a little bit and we are getting a little bit of the rainy season. Im fine with that because its not as hot. But really really humid. Its kinda of funny you mentioned the people might not sing that well here. Yesterday me and elder annis wanted the members to start learning new songs so that they aren’t singing the same. So we tried singing some and it was just bad. Every singing there own tones because they don’t know how to read notes so that was an experience. I don’t know if I will be able to write steven on his mission but if you write him just tell him. He needs to have a tone of patience and have an assurance he will eventually learn the language. And ask a lot of questions to his companion. And just talk a ton in lessons even if they don’t understand you, you learn a lot faster by looking dumber I have learned. We did get to baptize that family last week. It was soo awesome. They have gone through a lot. He had to stop his smoking addiction and find a better job that’s not on Sundays. I think they will be good leaders for the church down here one day. So that was a fun experience for me. O ya apparently I got accepted to GGC and they are asking for some paper stuff and that I need to take a test right when I get back. But I will tell lisa to go into my account. That got me pretty excited though. Im kind of ready to start studying different stuff again. I have learned that studying is a lot of fun here. I have read the book of moron like 5 times now. 3 times in English and going to finish in Spanish for the second time before I leave. And I got a new bible and marked it all up nice to teach better with and study better at home. But im glad I have learned to take advantage of my study time. And I don’t know what you are talking about mom that I didn’t study in high school or something. I got pretty good grades my last year if im not mistaken. That stinks that BYU lost that bad, I thought they were doing pretty good. Brooke thanks for the pictures of mason. He is already getting huge. Looks like he will be able to say my name when I get back I have been gone so long. Me and elder annis have made plans for thanksgiving dinner. There is a tropical restaurant here that is pretty nice. It has tiger skins every where and anaconda skins. It’s a cool place just a little expensive to eat there all the time. But I think that is what we will do. O ya and about the missionaries who have left the zone. The one I was sad about elder evans left. We got to be really good buds be he is in santa cruz now. I think in the zone of elder taylor. But good news we have 5 new Americans in the zone. So now we are 5 and 5. (today its gringos verses latins) in soccer and we are going to win. There names are Elder Cope(not from my group), elder askar, elder Schweinke(tongan). They are pretty cool guys. The tongan is pretty new and struggles a little bit with Spanish but he will get better here. He will lose a lot of weight as well. Im not too bad my self I might have as much muscles as tarzan like brooke says but im not as fat as I was in lima. So im pretty happy about that. Im sure If I would have had a change to santa cruz I would have ate a lot more and get fat again. Well that’s pretty much whats going on thanks for everything. Love yall and have a good week.
>Elder Cheesman

No comments: