Monday, December 7, 2009

John 12-7-09

Congrats mom on the job. What is it exactly that you will be doing? Kinda crazy that next week I will be back, it still hasn’t hit me that big yet though. I don’t think it will till im on a plane. The zone leader conference was really good actually. I had to give my testimony in front of everyone which felt really weird because for 2 years I have seen other missionaries do that. And we came all the way back on the famous bus ride and plane. But it’s the last of those buses finally. The plane flights were pretty miserable actually because it was raining and really humid. So it got really hot in the plane and was moving around a lot. So im ready for being done with those. I really don’t like them that much anymore. Im not sending anything home because I don’t trust too much in the postal system. Im just going to leave a lot of clothes that are ruined now and I will have some room. Im just worried about if im allowed to take 2 carry ons and my guitar to santa cruz. I will figure it out some how, they are my friends in the airport now. Yesterday were the elections for Bolivia. And evo morales won, again. So we are all praying that we don’t have to leave again. But tomorrow another exciting thing is happening. We are going to Trinidad to have a conference with a 70. Elder Gavarett is coming. He is pretty new but I hear he is a really cool guy. And then next Tuesday or Monday we are having a regular zone conference. So I don’t have that many work days left. I have a feeling that they are going to ask me to do all the practices and stuff in front of the 70 because im one of the only people going home. Well elder Vandyke from my group will be there as well. Yesterday for the elections we didn’t leave the house allllll day. Because its against the law to do anything on elections day. You can only vote. So me and elder annis played a lot of cards, chess, checkers and I read some as well. I finished the book of mormon again. That’s my 2nd time in Spanish. So that was pretty awesome. I learned a lot more this time as well. I don’t think I will have a baptism before I leave but there is a lot for when I leave. Its not that hot today but always right at noon it gets really hot here. But I love the rain because there is no dust and it makes the day a lot cooler. Im kind of jealous you guys got to go to a concert. The masquerade is a pretty gross place as well. Funny to imagine mom and dad there actually. But I bet it was fun having them at home. Brooke I am pretty excited to see mason, apparently he will be talking in Spanish when I get home huh? And is it expected to snow this year in Georgia? Or just like ice and sleet? I don’t know how I will react to the humid cold of Georgia. But im excited either way. Well anyway have a good week everyone. And mom how long is everyone staying for when I get back? I love you all and see yall next week!Elder Cheesman

No comments: